WHAT IS THE SUBMARINE FORCE LIBRARY & MUSEUM ASSOCIATION?
The Association was founded in 1972 to support and perpetuate the Submarine Force Library and Museum located in Groton, Connecticut. The goals of the Association are now as they were then, to promote an historical knowledge of submarines and stimulate awareness, recognition and pride in the role of the submarine in Naval operations. When the Nautilus Memorial opened in 1986 that supporting role increased significantly.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER?
- PING e-newsletters
- Invitations to special events
- 10% discount on purchases from the Nautilus Ship’s Store (In person or on-line)
- Donors listed in our annual on-line registry
- Feel good about supporting a vital and important cause!
HOW ARE THE FUNDS GENERATED?
Monies for this support are generated from membership dues, donations and profits from the
Ship’s Store, which the Association manages.
WHAT IS THE ROLE OF THE ASSOCIATION TODAY?
- The principal advisor to the Museum staff
- Provides continuity in the achievement of long range facility goals
- Provides financial support to the Museum for support funds, new exhibits, display cases, equipment, and facility projects